Sunday, October 17, 2010

chess!!!!!




I have officially exhausted this chess analogy.. ive been trying to somehow show the notion of being in 2 minds, playing mind game with yourself, and swinging from different points of views through the placement of chess pieces. Most of the placements came across as competitive like a battle. I think the nature of the chess game was too strong compared to my placements. So i decided to add my element of text through these lovely old scrabble tiles.. DOES IT WORK?!?!?!


Here is the sonnet:

So are you to my thoughts as food to life,
Or as sweet-season'd showers are to the ground;
And for the peace of you I hold such strife
As 'twixt a miser and his wealth is found;
Now proud as an enjoyer and anon
Doubting the filching age will steal his treasure,
Now counting best to be with you alone,
Then better'd that the world may see my pleasure;
Sometime all full with feasting on your sight
And by and by clean starved for a look;
Possessing or pursuing no delight,
Save what is had or must from you be took.
Thus do I pine and surfeit day by day,
Or gluttoning on all, or all away.

After looking at it... its way too simple... damn

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you've altered the original chess set enough here. We were talking about doing something to make it strange ... ie having two black kings/queens, or something else that was clearly 'wrong'. You had also discussed using text in the squares? Could the 'now' and 'then' be on the board rather than the edge? I think if it is going to be this simple, it has to very clearly communicate a strong message, and I don't think this is communicating much yet. You need to either layer more onto it, or have one piece of communication. Perhaps the issue is that you are not quite clear on what you are communicating? Let's chat.

    ReplyDelete