Thursday, October 7, 2010

abacus!




Above are photos of my abacus! The bottom image shows how I will be presenting it, on a 'plinth' of a book. The book i have used here has nothing to do with Shakespeare, or the Sonnet, so I am intending to  draw onto a new cover and place it over the text, and under the abacus.



Below is the design im thinking of for the 'cover'




ok- new cover idea- a mix of etchings


This works well with the Sonnet, which alludes to the sea, as well it reinforces the circle and to me it seems a little ying and yang..

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! How easy is it to move the discs – can you move them?) I don't quite understand what you mean by 'draw' onto a new cover? Is this going to be 'boxed' in some way like the others, or left to stand alone? I feel like it needs one more element. It's more simple than the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ok I get the cover now. I'm not sure about pencil drawing – looks a little too art project? Maybe see if you can find an old etching to use ... if the turps release isn't working, you could always scan it in and print it onto an old book page?

    ReplyDelete